Pecan Chicken with Honey-Mustard Sauce
Serve this dressed-up chicken dish with a wild rice blend and a crisp green salad.
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 cup pecan pieces, coarsely ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spread 3 tablespoons mustard on each side of chicken. Combine ground pecans and red pepper in a shallow bowl. Gently coat chicken with pecan mixture.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or just until browned. Place in a greased 11" x 7" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until done.
- Heat whipping cream in large skillet over medium-high heat until reduced by half (about 12 minutes). Stir in honey, 2 tablespoons mustard, and salt. Serve sauce with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note