Pecan Chicken with Cream Sauce
You'd be surprised how many kids have sophisticated taste buds. This recipe and those that follow get high fives from our own adventurous young taste testers. They loved the nutty crunch and rich cream sauce in this recipe.
Prep: 16 min.; Cook: 12 min.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 573
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Fat: 38.7g
- Saturated fat: 9.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 16.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 9.8g
- Protein: 43.1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 594mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1. Process pecans in a food processor or blender until finely ground. Combine ground pecans and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Stir together butter and 1 Tbsp. mustard in a bowl. Brush each chicken breast with mustard mixture; dredge in pecan mixture.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot; cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Add whipping cream, broth, and remaining 1 Tbsp. mustard to drippings in pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Serve sauce over chicken.
- Equipment Tip: A mini-food processor is just the right size to grind the small amount of pecans in step 1.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Pecan Chicken with Cream Sauce * Mashed sweet potatoes * Steamed asparagus
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: fine, dry breadcrumbs; salt; pepper; butter; Dijon mustard; vegetable oil * 3/4 cup pecan halves * 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts * 1 (8-oz.) container whipping cream * 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth * 1 (24-oz.) package refrigerated mashed sweet potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes) * 1 lb. fresh asparagus
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This