Panko-Pecan Chicken Finger Skewers
Photo: Tara Donne; Styling: Erin Swift
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Coastal Living
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- All-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 24 (12-inch) wooden skewers
- Cooking spray
- Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil; set aside.
- 2. Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until pecans are finely chopped. Pour into a shallow dish; stir in panko.
- 3. Place flour in a shallow bowl; whisk together eggs and water in another shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture, and dredge in pecan mixture. Weave chicken onto skewers. Place on baking sheets.
- 4. Spray chicken lightly on both sides with cooking spray. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden. (Rotate pans halfway through cooking time, if necessary.) Serve with Honey-Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note