Pecan Catfish With Lemon Sauce
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 3 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- Combine milk and hot sauce in a shallow dish; add catfish. Cover and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove catfish from milk mixture. Whisk egg into milk mixture until blended.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour and next 3 ingredients; dredge catfish in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture; coat with pecans.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 360°. Fry catfish 3 minutes on each side or until it flakes with a fork. Drain fish on paper towels.
- Bring wine, whipping cream, and lemon juice to a boil, stirring constantly. Whisk in 1 tablespoon flour and garlic powder, and simmer, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; whisk in butter. Serve over fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes