Photo: Charles Walton
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add brown sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Dissolve coffee granules in 3 tablespoons hot water; stir in milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Fold in pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts