Pecan-Buttermilk Dressing Cakes
Jennifer Davick; Cari South
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 5 Minutes
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons to 1 Tbsp. rubbed sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Coarsely chop.
- 2. Sauté onion and sage in hot oil in a large skillet 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add cranberries and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes or until water evaporates. Remove from heat.
- 3. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Whisk together eggs and buttermilk; stir in flour mixture, onion mixture, and pecans just until combined.
- 4. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into a hot greased skillet. Cook, in batches, over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables