- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Dash of almond extract or vanilla extract
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine eggs and remaining 3 ingredients; gradually add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface; divide in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each half into a 12" x 1 1/4" log. Place logs 3" apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; cool 10 minutes.
- Cut each log crosswise into 3/4"-thick slices, using a serrated knife. Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes, turning cookies once. Remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts