- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeño peppers and spices, undrained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- calories 207
- fat 4.2 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 1.2 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 18.7 g
- carbohydrate 22.2 g
- fiber 6.3 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 674 mg
- calcium 96 mg
How to Make It
Combine cumin, salt, and pepper; sprinkle over chicken.
Place chicken in an electric slow cooker; stir in onion, tomatoes, and chiles. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting for 3 hours. Stir in beans. Cover; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
Place 1 chicken thigh in each of 6 soup bowls; ladle 1 1/4 cups stew into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 teaspoons cilantro and 2 teaspoons sour cream.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.