- 9 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (16-ounce) package kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices*
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package angel hair coleslaw
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen, cut green beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Bring first 6 ingredients and 4 cans chicken broth to a boil in a stockpot; reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
Add remaining broth, coleslaw, and remaining ingredients; simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. (Freeze leftover soup up to 1 month.)
* 1 pound coarsely chopped cooked ham may be substituted for kielbasa.
Note: You may cook first 6 ingredients and 4 cans chicken broth in a 5-quart slow cooker on LOW for 4 hours. Add remaining can of broth, coleslaw and remaining ingredients, cook on high 1 hour.