Peas and Pods
Round, sweet, and perfect for little fingers, peas are a hit with babies. Mint adds bright flavor and accents the natural sweetness of the peas.
Yield: 6 adult servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.7g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 3/4 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen petite green peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1. Steam snap peas, covered, 2 minutes. Add green peas to pan; steam 2 minutes.
- 2. Combine peas, butter, and salt in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with mint.
- For baby: Serve spoonfuls in a small bowl or on a rimmed plate. Cut the sugar snap peas into bite-sized pieces. Omit mint, if desired.
- Nutrition Note: Peas
- Peas are bursting with nutrients. They're packed with protein and fiber plus an assortment of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C and A and folate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peas and Pods Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American, New England
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Carbohydrate, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Steam
- OCCASION: July 4th, Summer
- PUBLICATION: Oxmoor House
More Recipes Like This