Delicious! I ended up cutting the okra in half... Used black eyed peas, green peas, and creamed peas..
Field Peas with Okra and Andouille Sausage
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 cups assorted fresh or frozen field peas
- 1/2 pound small, fresh whole okra
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Sauté andouille in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Add field peas and water to cover 1 inch above peas; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes. Add okra; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until okra and peas are tender. Stir in basil and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish; serve with a slotted spoon.
- Brought to the table by cookbook author Whitney Miller (Modern Hospitality).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note