- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 cups assorted fresh or frozen field peas
- 1/2 pound small, fresh whole okra
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
How to Make It
Sauté andouille in a Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add field peas and water to cover 1 inch above peas; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes. Add okra; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until okra and peas are tender. Stir in basil and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish; serve with a slotted spoon.
Brought to the table by cookbook author Whitney Miller (Modern Hospitality).