Peas and Pea Shoots with Spring Onions and Mint (Food and Wine)
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) frozen peas (4 cups)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 3 cup(s) med. spring onions (bulbing) sliced 1/4" thick
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 cup(s) tender pea shoots or small water cress springs lightly packed
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh mint leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the peas until they are just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- In the same saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and a pinch of salt, cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the peas, cover and cook until heated through, 1 minute. Stir in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Remove from the heat and stir in the pea shoots until wilted. Stir in the mint, season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lizcole and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peas and Pea Shoots with Spring Onions and Mint (Food and Wine) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes