Pears and Dates with Vanilla-Orange Yogurt
Notes: You can make the vanilla-orange yogurt (step 1) up to 3 days ahead; cover and chill.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Cholesterol: 7.4mg
- 1 pint regular or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 ripe Bartlett pears (about 2 1/2 lb. total), rinsed
- 8 ounces fresh Medjool dates (about 10), pitted and chopped
- 1. Spoon yogurt into a bowl. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into yogurt (reserve pod for other uses). Stir in orange juice concentrate and honey until well blended.
- 2. Peel and core pears; cut lengthwise into 1-inch-thick slices. Arrange pears and dates in bowls and top each with about 1/4 cup vanilla-orange yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This