This recipe is very tasty and flavorful. I have served this several times to guests for lunch because easy to prepare and delicious. You can make the ragout ahead of time as well as the crabcakes, so it comes together super fast. I melt the butter for the ragout and cook the corn and peas in a skillet until the corn is toasted, let it cool, then add it to the rest of the ingredients, it adds depth to the flavor.
Pearl Oyster Bar Crab Cakes with Sweet Corn Ragout
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 15.1g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 462mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- Crab cakes:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 7 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped seeded plum tomato (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- To prepare crab cakes, combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 2 tablespoons tomato and crabmeat, tossing gently to coat. Stir in 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Fill a 1/4-cup measuring cup with crab mixture to form 1 patty. Remove from measuring cup; repeat procedure with remaining crab mixture to form 8 patties. Lightly dredge patties in 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 4 minutes. Turn patties; wrap handle of pan with foil. Place pan in oven; bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until patties are golden brown and thoroughly heated.
- To prepare ragout, bring 1/4 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add corn and peas; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 1 1/2 cups tomato and remaining ingredients. Serve ragout with crab cakes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes