- 1 package (14 oz.) frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery stalks with some leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried juniper berries,* buzzed in a blender to crush
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 qts. (1 lb.) garlic or garlic-cheese croutons (about 1-in.)
- About 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- calories 213
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 5.2 g
- fat 10 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 378 mg
- cholesterol 28 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325° to 350° (use temperature turkey requires). In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté onions and celery with butter until vegetables begin to brown, about 12 minutes. Stir in juniper, garlic, and pepper, and cook about 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in croutons and 1/3 cup parsley. Combine broth and egg in a small bowl, then mix with croutons.
Spoon stuffing into a 9- by 13-in. dish. Cover with foil and bake until steaming, 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until golden, 15 minutes. Scatter with parsley.
*Find in the spice aisle.
Make ahead: Up to 1 day, make stuffing, put in casserole, cover, and chill. Bake about 1 hour before uncovering.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3/4-cup serving.