Pear Upside-Down Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Llight brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 14 tablespoon(s) butter, 1 3/4 stick softened
- 3 pears, firm cored,cut into 1/4" wedges
- 2 cup(s) cake flour not self rising
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 1/3 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2/3 cup(s) whole milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh or dry cranberry
- 1. Preheat oven to 325. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 10-inch ovenproof skillet; set aside. In the skillet over medium-high heat, stir the brown sugar, 1/2 tspn cinnamon, and 2 Tbsp butter until melted. Add the pears. Saute them untilfork-tender and start to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour thepears and the juices into a large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Clean the skillet.
- 2. In a small bowl, cmbine the flour, baking powder, salt, remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, and ginger. In a large bowl,with mixer set on high speed beat the remaining 12 Tbsp butter and the granulated sugar until fluffy. Reduce the speed to low; beat in the eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat until just blended.
- 3. Coat the skillet with vegetable spray or butter. Place the parchment paper in the skillet ad arrange the pears in overlapping circles. Pour the remaining pear juice mixture over the pears and scatter the cranberries. Carefully spoon the batter over the fruit. Using a rubber spatula, spread the mixture evenly. Gake the cake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run a thin knife around the edges to loosen from the sides of the skillet. Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Remove the parchment paper. Serve the cake by itself or with ice cream, whipped cream, or creme fraiche. 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChefMo3001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pear Upside-Down Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts