- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled red pear (about 1 1/2 small pears)
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- calories 273
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 47.5 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 47 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 242 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
Coat bottom of a 9-inch round cake pan with melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar, and arrange pear slices over sugar in an overlapping pattern.
Beat 1/4 cup butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 2/3 cup granulated sugar, beating well. Add egg and banana, beating well.
Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small bowl; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at low speed after each addition until blended. Spoon batter over pear slices.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Loosen cake from sides of pan with a narrow metal spatula and invert onto a cake plate. Serve warm.