This sweet (but not too sweet) drink should be made one at a time in a cocktail shaker. Energetic shaking and a proper drink-to-ice ratio—possible only in a shaker—are key: The ice dilutes and softens the cocktail, encouraging the otherwise sharp flavors to meld together. Prep Time: 10 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 252
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 4.6mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup pear brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pear juice or nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (see Notes)
- 1 or 2 slices fresh pear, about 1/2 in. thick
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour brandy, pear juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup over ice. Cover and shake vigorously for 1 minute. Strain and pour into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with sliced pear. Serve immediately.
- Notes: To make simple syrup, cook 1/2 cup each sugar and water in a small pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture turns clear; cool before using. Can be kept, covered and chilled, for 6 months.
- Nutritional analysis is per cocktail.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note