I've never served salad at Thanksgiving before, but will always include this one from now on. It was, surprisingly, one of the favorite dishes served! What a wonderfully flavorful, yet very simple recipe. Variations that I will try in the future: adding thin strips of red onion and/or walnuts or pecans. Highly recommended!
Pear Salad with Raspberry Cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 firm, ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients. Set dressing aside.
- Peel pears, if desired; quarter pears. Brush with lemon juice.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates. Arrange pear quarters over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with cheese, bacon, and raspberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads