- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups loosely packed gourmet mixed salad greens
- 4 Asian pears or other pears, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage leaves, cut into thin strips
How to Make It
Place hazelnuts on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until skins split. Place hazelnuts in a colander. Rub hazelnuts briskly with a kitchen towel to remove skins; discard skins. Coarsely chop hazelnuts.
Whisk together crème fraîche and next 3 ingredients. Arrange salad greens and pear wedges on salad plates. Drizzle evenly with dressing; sprinkle with hazelnuts, cranberries, and sage.
Note: To make your own crème fraîche, stir together 1/2 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon buttermilk. Cover and let stand at room temperature 8 hours. Then store in refrigerator up to 10 days.