Pear and Prosciutto Pizza
Photo: Oxmoor House
Pit peppery arugula against a base of creamy, sweet caramelized onions. Also appearing: prudent amounts of salty prosciutto, cheese, and walnuts.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 51.8g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 741mg
- Calcium: 205mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 (24-ounce) package frozen prebaked gluten-free pizza crusts, thawed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Top pizza crust with onion mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Layer pear and prosciutto over cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Place on middle rack of oven.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 4. Place arugula in a medium bowl just before serving. Drizzle vinegar over arugula; toss gently to coat. Top pizza with arugula mixture; cut into 8 wedges. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes