Pear Phyllo Pastries
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled pear (4 pears)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine breadcrumbs and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir well; set aside. Combine melted margarine and oil in another bowl. Stir well; set aside.
- Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon, almond extract, and nutmeg in a large bowl; stir well. Add pear, cranberries, and almonds; toss gently to coat.
- Working with 1 phyllo sheet at a time (cover remaining dough to keep from drying), brush 1 sheet lightly with margarine mixture. Stack 1 phyllo sheet on top of the first; brush top sheet lightly with margarine mixture. Repeat procedure with a third sheet of phyllo, forming a stack of 3 sheets. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons breadcrumb mixture over top of stack. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut stack lengthwise into 3 (4 1/2-inch-wide) strips.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup pear mixture onto 1 end of each phyllo strip. Fold left bottom corner over pear mixture, forming a triangle. Keep folding back and forth into triangle to end of strip. Repeat procedure with remaining sheets of phyllo, margarine mixture, breadcrumb mixture, and pear mixture.
- Place triangles, seam sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: If dried cranberries are unavailable, substitute dried currants or raisins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pear Phyllo Pastries Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts