Pear and Pepper Focaccia
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 6.5g
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Cholesterol: 4.8mg
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium firm-ripe pears (about 3/4 lb. total)
- Parsley Pesto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Parsley leaves (optional)
- 1. Place dough in a lightly oiled 10- by 15-in. rimmed pan; press and push to cover pan evenly. If dough is too elastic, let it rest a few minutes, then press again. Cover dough lightly with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until puffy, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, put lemon juice in a bowl. Core and thinly slice pears into bowl, mixing fruit with juice. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 3. With your fingertips, gently press dough to cover it with dimpled impressions; also press dough gently into pan corners. Spread pesto evenly over dough. Arrange pear slices on dough and press in gently. Mix sugar and pepper and sprinkle over pears.
- 4. Bake focaccia 20 minutes, then sprinkle with parmesan and parsley. Continue baking until focaccia is well browned on edges and underside, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- 5. Cut hot or cool focaccia into pieces.
- Make ahead: Cool, cover, and hold at room temperature up to 6 hours. To reheat, lightly cover pan with foil and bake in a 350° oven until warm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This