Not sure what I did wrong, but mine was terrible. Still, I have all the ingredients for more, so will try again.
Pear, Pecorino, and Prosciutto Panini
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 383
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 18.7g
- Carbohydrate: 50.8g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 1019mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- 1 firm, ripe pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf focaccia, cut in half horizontally
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup trimmed arugula
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) fresh pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- 16 very thin slices prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pear to pan, and sprinkle with sugar. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Brush cut sides of bread with vinegar. Arrange pear slices, arugula, cheese, and prosciutto evenly over bottom half of bread; cover with top half of bread.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add stuffed loaf to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of stuffed loaf; press gently to flatten. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on stuffed loaf while it cooks). Cut into quarters.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This