Pear Parmesan Scones
Try these hearty scones or experiment with your own (omit the pear and cheese from this recipe, and substitute your favorite combinations, sweet or savory)--then tell us about it online at myrecipes.com.
Prep: 15 minutes; Bake: 24 minutes.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup lightly packed)
- 2 peeled Bartlett pears, shredded, pressed, and drained (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons whipping cream, plus more if needed
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse to combine. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in cheese and pear. Add whipping cream, and stir just until combined. (Do not overstir.) If dough is still crumbly, stir in more whipping cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, to bring dough together.
- 3. Knead dough gently several times with floured hands on a lightly floured surface. (Dough should just come together and not be sticky.) Pat dough into an 8-inch-diameter round, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles with a sharp knife, and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note