1. Peel pears and slice into about 1/8 slices.
2. In a heavy-bottomed, deep pan, heat butter. Saut slices of pear. Add a little more butter. Add mushrooms and half the sage. Stir until mushrooms are fully cooked, a minute or two.
3. Add a pinch of saffron and a pinch of salt. Pour in mushroom broth or other liquid. Stir, breaking up pear pieces. Add more sage, reserving a few bits for decoration.
4. Pick out some of the mushrooms so they dont get destroyed in the blender or NOT. Pour the soup into a
blender or a receptacle in which you can use a stick blender, and blend briefly. Add the mushrooms back in.
5. Add the half-and-half cream, gorgonzola and bits of sage. Heat until gorgonzola is melted in. Serve.
Go to full version of