Pear-Glazed Pork Roast
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 45 Minutes
Stand: 15 Minutes
- Apple-Bourbon Marinade
- 1 (4-lb.) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sliced fruits and vegetables
- 1/2 (11.5-oz.) jar pear preserves
- 1/2 (10-oz.) jar pepper jelly
- 1. Pour Apple-Bourbon Marinade into a 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag; add pork loin roast. Seal bag, and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove roast from bag; discard marinade. Pat roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle evenly with salt and seasoned pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat. Remove roast from pan.
- 3. Arrange sliced fruits and vegetables in a single layer in bottom of pan; return roast to pan. Stir together pear preserves and pepper jelly; brush roast evenly with mixture.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with pan juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This