Pear, Dried-Cherry and Almond Galette
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $1.74
More From Allyou
Bake: 45 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Sodium: 321mg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 17.3-oz. box frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 3 1/2 ounces almond paste, cut into small pieces
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ripe but firm Bosc pears (about 1 1/4 lb.), peeled, cored, halved, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1. Place almonds in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, shaking skillet often, until nuts are lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°F; line a large baking sheet with parchment. Place one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Brush it lightly with water; place second sheet on top. Using a rolling pin, roll pastry sheets together into a 12-inch square, then trim into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to lined baking sheet; refrigerate.
- 3. In a bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat almond paste, 3 Tbsp. sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Beat in butter and almond extract until smooth. Stir in flour. Spread mixture evenly over pastry, leaving a 1-inch border. Fan pears in a circle over filling. Scatter cherries on top. Fold pastry edges over filling, pleating as you go, leaving center of pears exposed. The pastry should tightly enclose pears and filling.
- 4. Beat remaining egg with 1 tsp. water. Brush mixture over pastry edges. Sprinkle remaining sugar over fruit. Bake until pastry is golden, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over fruit and transfer tart to a wire rack to cool. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This