- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium pears, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a small mixing bowl; mix well. Press half of mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; reserve remaining mixture, and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan; cook until sugar dissolves. Add pears; cook over medium heat 15 minutes or just until pears are tender.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and drain, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Place pears in prepared dish; pour lemon juice and reserved syrup over top. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; sprinkle over pears. Top with remaining cookie crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Spoon into individual serving dishes, and serve warm with ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts