I used store bought crepes rather than making my own, but I don't think that would have mattered much. There was very little flavor in this recipe and the chocolate was gloppy not smooth. If I made this again I would cook the crepes w/ the cheese filling side up (I cooked mine w/ cheese side down and the crepes stuck to the cooking pan and tore). I would also skip the chocolate sauce work and just use chocolate syrup or sundae topping. We ended up topping these w/ fresh fruit for flavor.
Pear Crêpes With Chocolate
These creamy-filled crêpes with juicy pear and chocolate are great for dessert or for an extra-special brunch.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 1 Hour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 ripe Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 (1-ounce) bittersweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup ground almonds, toasted
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, and almond extract; beat until combined. Cover and chill.
- Sprinkle pear slices with lemon juice; set aside.
- Combine chocolate and next 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
- Coat a 6-inch crêpe pan or heavy skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Pour 3 tablespoons batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers bottom of pan. Cook 1 minute or until crêpe can be shaken loose from pan. Turn crêpe over, and cook 30 seconds. Place crêpe on a cloth towel to cool. Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture over one-fourth of each crêpe; top with 3 or 4 pear slices. Fold crêpe in half, then in half again to form a triangular shape. Place filled crêpes on a lightly greased baking sheet; sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until filling is melted.
- To serve, divide crêpes among 6 plates; drizzle with chocolate sauce, and sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This