The original recipe, which calls for canned cranberry sauce and fresh oranges, inspired us to try cranberry-orange sauce to shorten preparation time.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (12-ounce) tub whole cranberry-orange sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ripe Seckel pears, peeled
- Garnish: orange rind strips
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly, over high heat. Remove from heat.
- Arrange pears in a lightly greased deep 8-inch round baking dish; pour cranberry mixture over pears.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until pears are tender. Garnish, if desired.
- NoteFor testing purposes, we used Ocean Spray Cran-Fruit Cranberry-Orange Sauce. You can find the 12-ounce tub in the canned-fruit section of your supermarket. To save time, boil cranberry-orange sauce as directed; reduce heat to low, and add pears. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pear-Cranberry Compote Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This