- 1 (12-ounce) tub whole cranberry-orange sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ripe Seckel pears, peeled
- Garnish: orange rind strips
How to Make It
Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly, over high heat. Remove from heat.
Arrange pears in a lightly greased deep 8-inch round baking dish; pour cranberry mixture over pears.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until pears are tender. Garnish, if desired.
NoteFor testing purposes, we used Ocean Spray Cran-Fruit Cranberry-Orange Sauce. You can find the 12-ounce tub in the canned-fruit section of your supermarket. To save time, boil cranberry-orange sauce as directed; reduce heat to low, and add pears. Cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.