Pear Coffeecake with Walnut Streusel
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar, Packed
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) firm, ripe pear, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup(s) walnuts, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 359 degrees F. Combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, butter, almond extract and eggs in a mixing bowl; beat at low speed of a mixer until well-blended. Combine flours and baking powder through ground cloves; stir well. Gradually add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture alternately with milk. Beat until just blended. Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle diced pear on top. Combine streusel topping (rolled oats, 1/4 cup brown sugar, walnuts and 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle on top of pear. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mlb626 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note