Arugula-Pear-Blue Cheese Salad
A classic Arugula-Pear-Blue Cheese Salad pairs perfectly with most entrees. For a more pungent flavor, use gorgonzola cheese.
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. pear preserves
- 1/2 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula
- 2 Bartlett pears, cut into 6 wedges each
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1. Process 1/4 cup preserves and next 5 ingredients in a food processor 30 seconds to 1 minute or until smooth. With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow steady, stream, processing until smooth. Transfer to a 2-cup measuring cup or small bowl, and stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. pear preserves.
- 2. Place arugula in a large serving bowl. Top with pears, blue cheese, and walnuts. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables