great mix of flavors - truely delicious. I keep a few roasted beets around as I love them so it was pretty easy to assemble. Super basic vinetarette that's good to have around for other salads too.
Pear, Beet, and Gorgonzola Green Salad
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 84mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 2 peeled beets
- 4 cups thinly sliced, firm Bosc pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) bag spring-greens mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Wash beets, leaving wet, and wrap individually in foil. Arrange beets in roasting pan or on baking sheet; bake 90 minutes or until tender (poke a thin-bladed knife through foil to test). Cool in foil. (To cook on stovetop, place beets in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until tender. Cool. This takes less time than baking--45 minutes to an hour.) Dice beets.
- 3. Toss pears with lemon juice in a small bowl; cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Place diced roasted beets and cheese in 2 separate bowls; cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- 4. Combine oil and next 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with whisk.
- 5. Remove pears, beets, and cheese from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving; bring to room temperature.
- 6. Place greens in a bowl; top with pears, beets, and cheese, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads