great mix of flavors - truely delicious. I keep a few roasted beets around as I love them so it was pretty easy to assemble. Super basic vinetarette that's good to have around for other salads too.
Pear, Beet, and Gorgonzola Green Salad
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 90 minutes. You can roast the beets up to 2 days before assembling salad.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 84mg
- Calcium: 112mg
- 2 peeled beets
- 4 cups thinly sliced, firm Bosc pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 (5-ounce) bag spring-greens mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Wash beets, leaving wet, and wrap individually in foil. Arrange beets in roasting pan or on baking sheet; bake 90 minutes or until tender (poke a thin-bladed knife through foil to test). Cool in foil. (To cook on stovetop, place beets in saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until tender. Cool. This takes less time than baking--45 minutes to an hour.) Dice beets.
- 3. Toss pears with lemon juice in a small bowl; cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours. Place diced roasted beets and cheese in 2 separate bowls; cover, and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- 4. Combine oil and next 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with whisk.
- 5. Remove pears, beets, and cheese from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving; bring to room temperature.
- 6. Place greens in a bowl; top with pears, beets, and cheese, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads