I made this easy cocktail for me and my husband this afternoon. It's refreshing and very tasty! I was glad to find another recipe to use with my pear-flavored vodka and this time of year I have plenty of basil to use too. Highly recommended.
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Minutes
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons pear nectar
- 3 tablespoons pear-flavored vodka
- 3 tablespoons lemon-lime soft drink
- Garnish: fresh basil sprig, pear slice (optional)
- Muddle basil leaves and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Add crushed ice, pear nectar, and pear-flavored vodka. Cover with lid, and shake vigorously until thoroughly chilled (about 30 seconds). Pour into a glass, and top with lemon-lime soft drink. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages