Big hit at a party--would definitely make it again. I'm a vegetarian so I omitted the bacon but added a drizzle of honey and it was great.
- 1 pear, cut lengthwise into 12 wedges
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) French bread slices
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Toss together pear slices and lemon juice; set aside.
- Broil French bread slices 5 inches from heat 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted.
- Stir together cheese and milk until smooth; spread evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Sprinkle each slice with 1 teaspoon walnuts; top with 1 pear slice and bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This