Pear-and-Cranberry Wild Rice Salad
Bosc pears have a slender neck, wide base, and reddish-yellow skin.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- All Natural PAM Garlic Flavor Cooking and Seasoning Spray
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Bosc pear, chopped
- Cook rice with dried cranberries according to package directions, omitting seasoning packet and butter. Reserve seasoning packet for another use.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add almonds, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until toasted. Remove from pan, and set aside. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and shallot, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together rice mixture, onion, shallot, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, and stir well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Stir in sliced almonds and pear just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note