Peanutty Somen Noodles with Shrimp
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) uncooked so men noodles
- 3 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh ginger
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 pound(s) medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) peanut oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup(s) dry roasted peanuts coarsely
- Optional: cilantro leaves for garnish
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, sesame oil, and hot sauce. Whisk until blended and set pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp and sauté 2 minutes Add 1 cup of the peanut sauce and simmer 2 minutes, until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through. Drani noodles and add to shrimp mixture. Toss to combine.
- Transfer noodle mixture to 4 individual plates and top each serving with peanuts, scallions and cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Peanutty Somen Noodles with Shrimp Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes