This recipe calls for whole wheat spaghetti noodles instead of the extra-long Chinese noodles traditionally eaten with this dish. However, the rest of the ingredients are distinctly Asian. Peanut sauce can be found in the Asian section of the supermarket or at your local Asian market.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 43.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 3.0mg
- Sodium: 445mg
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Calcium: 45mg
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3 1/4-ounce) package thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut sauce (such as House of Tsang)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add bean sprouts; cook 1 minute. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Add snow peas and carrot; sauté 3 minutes. Add ginger; sauté 15 seconds. Add green onions and peanuts; sauté 1 minute. Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add vegetable broth and soy sauce to pan; bring to a boil. Stir in peanut sauce. Add pasta mixture and vegetable mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note