Easy to make, feeds a crowd, yummy, and even better the next day. I had some mushrooms at hand, so I added that, too. Will make it again.
This dish comes together quickly when one person prepares the sauce while another sautés the vegetables. Break the pasta in half before cooking to make serving easier. These noodles complement the pork perfectly, but they also become their own main dish when you add cooked shrimp or chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.1g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter (such as Smucker's)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups red bell pepper strips
- 1 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 8 cups hot cooked linguine (about 1 pound uncooked pasta)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Shave the carrots lengthwise into thin strips using a vegetable peeler, and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the ginger and minced garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and the next 5 ingredients (broth through salt); stir until well-blended. Reduce heat, and simmer 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and snow peas; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Combine carrot, peanut butter mixture, bell pepper mixture, and linguine in a large bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This