Peanutty Ice-cream Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
Bake: 11 Minutes
Freeze: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in oats and next 7 ingredients.
- Drop oat mixture by tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread each dollop of cookie batter to form a 3-inch circle.
- Bake at 350° for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Swirl peanut butter into softened ice cream. Freeze 30 minutes. Scoop ice cream evenly on flat sides of half of cookies; top with remaining cookies, flat sides down. Roll sides of sandwiches in coarsely chopped peanuts. Place in plastic or wax paper sandwich bags, and freeze at least 1 hour.
- Note: Do not substitute a greased baking sheet for parchment paper. Cookies will slide and tear.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This