This is a great cole slaw! Light, but very tangy. I love the combination of the vinegar with sweet. I will definitely make this again. It is a great pot luck recipe.
Peanutty Cabbage-Apple Slaw with Raisins
A small amount of roasted peanut oil gives this slaw a big hit of flavor with a minimum of fat. Any nut oil will work.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 167mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1/3 cup white balsamic or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons roasted peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 (16-ounce) package cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Combine apple, raisins, and coleslaw. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss well to combine. Chill for up to 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads