Peanut Tofu Stir-Fry
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups stir-fry and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 10.4g
- Carbohydrate: 30.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 421mg
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Calcium: 203mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 teaspoons roasted peanut oil, divided
- 2 cups pre shredded carrot
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cups very thinly sliced bok choy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Wrap tofu in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels; pat tofu dry, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- . Cook rice according to package directions, using 1/4 teaspoon salt and omitting fat. Stir in lime rind. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- . Combine broth and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- . Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir-fry 7 minutes or until golden brown. Place in a large bowl; keep warm.
- . Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and onion; stir-fry 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to tofu; keep warm. Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan. Add bok choy and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp tender. Add broth mixture; cook 30 seconds or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in tofu mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve over lime rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes