- 1 (16-ounce) package firm tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 teaspoons roasted peanut oil, divided
- 2 cups pre shredded carrot
- 2 cups thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cups very thinly sliced bok choy
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- calories 229
- fat 8.2 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- protein 10.4 g
- carbohydrate 30.5 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 421 mg
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fiber 3.3 g
- calcium 203 mg
How to Make It
Wrap tofu in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Press with a heavy object for about 30 minutes to remove excess water. Remove paper towels; pat tofu dry, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
. Cook rice according to package directions, using 1/4 teaspoon salt and omitting fat. Stir in lime rind. Remove from heat; keep warm.
. Combine broth and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended. Set aside.
. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; stir-fry 7 minutes or until golden brown. Place in a large bowl; keep warm.
. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and onion; stir-fry 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add to tofu; keep warm. Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan. Add bok choy and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until crisp tender. Add broth mixture; cook 30 seconds or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in tofu mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve over lime rice.