Peanut Streusel Mango Muffins
More From Southern Living Cooking School
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted, salted USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 1/4 cup light roast peanut flour made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium mangoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and chopped*
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 12 aluminum foil baking cups
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together chopped peanuts, peanut flour, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, and 3 1/2 tablespoons melted butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 2. Stir together baking soda, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour in a bowl.
- 3. Process mango in a blender or food processor 15 to 20 seconds or until pureed. Pour puree into a measuring cup to equal 1 cup. (If necessary, discard any remaining puree, or reserve for another use.)
- 4. Whisk together 1 cup mango puree, granulated sugar, buttermilk, egg, and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons melted butter in a medium bowl until well blended. Gradually whisk in flour mixture just until combined.
- 5. Place baking cups in a muffin pan. Spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle peanut streusel mixture over batter.
- 6. Bake at 375° for 22 to 24 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Gently transfer muffins from pan to a wire rack using a knife or metal spatula, and cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- *2 cups frozen cubed mango, thawed, may be substituted.
- Note: To make ahead, freeze baked, cooled muffins in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic freezer bag up to 1 month. To reheat, remove muffins from baking cups, wrap in a paper towel, and microwave at HIGH 20 seconds or until thoroughly heated. For testing purposes only, we used 12% fat light roast peanut flour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This