My family and guests loved this recipe. It would be great toasted for breakfast. What is best about this recipe is that it is not too sweet.
Peanut Streusel Bread
If you turn this bread out of the pan to cool, some of the streusel topping will fall off. Instead, line the pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, and you'll be able to easily lift out the bread.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 5 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Peanut Streusel Topping
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Lightly grease foil with cooking spray.
- 2. Beat egg and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy; add peanut butter and butter, beating until blended.
- 3. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; whisk in egg mixture and buttermilk just until blended. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- 4. Spoon about 2/3 cup Peanut Streusel Topping on bottom of prepared pan. Spoon half of batter over streusel, gently spreading batter to sides of pan to cover streusel. Repeat procedure once. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup Peanut Streusel Topping over batter, gently pressing topping into batter.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with foil after 45 minutes, if necessary. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Lift loaf from pan, using foil sides as handles. Place loaf on a wire rack. Carefully pull down sides of foil. Cool loaf completely (about 1 hour).
- Peanut Streusel Topping: Stir together 1 cup chopped dry-roasted, salted peanuts; 1/2 cup all-purpose flour; 1/4 cup butter, melted; 3 Tbsp. firmly packed light brown sugar; 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar; and 1/8 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes or until mixture is firm. Crumble into small pieces. Makes about 2 cups; Prep: 10 min., Stand: 15 min.
- Chocolate Chip-Peanut Streusel Bread: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 3; stir 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels into batter. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note