- 16 saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup cup USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup light roast peanut flour made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (about 1 2-inch piece)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons aromatic peanut oil made with USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- Garnish: chopped USA-GROWN PEANUTS
- calories 402
- fat 14 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 4 g
- fiber 3 g
- protein 48 g
- cholesterol 100 mg
- iron 2.40 mg
- sodium 1066 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Process crackers and peanuts in a blender or food processor 30 to 45 seconds or until finely ground. Stir together cracker mixture, paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk egg whites just until foamy.
Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a parchment paper-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Dredge chicken tenders in peanut flour; dip in egg whites, and dredge in cracker mixture. Place chicken on wire rack.
Bake at 425° for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and done, turning once after 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, squeeze juice from grated ginger into a small bowl; discard solids. Combine ginger juice, orange juice, and next 5 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pulse 2 to 3 times or until smooth and well blended. Serve immediately with chicken tenders. Garnish, if desired.
Note: We tested with 12% fat light roast peanut flour.