Great dish, it made a nice vegetarian lunch using vegetable broth. I added extra cucumber and cilantro and then topped it with sriracha hot sauce, it made a big difference. I will definitely make this again.
Peanut Noodles with Tofu
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 429
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 372mg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 14 ounces firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 English cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1. Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Heat broth, garlic, peanut butter, sugar, chile flakes, and soy sauce in pasta pot until boiling, stirring often. Add tofu, cucumber, and pasta and toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer pasta to a serving bowl; top with onions, cilantro, and peanuts.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note